Our Explorer Pass is a great and easy way to visit many of our properties across Scotland. The pass is valid for 7 consecutive days. The pass includes entry to Edinburgh, Stirling and Urquhart Castles, Skara Brae and Fort George. It’s a great way to explore Scotland’s iconic sites and get the most out of its fascinating history and heritage.Find out where you can visit
- Numbers of Explorer Passes are limited. They often sell out a week or more in advance, so please plan ahead.
- The passes do not include properties in the care of The National Trust for Scotland, members of the Historic Houses Association, the Palace of Holyroodhouse or those in care of private trusts including Calanais Visitor Centre and Kinnaird Head Lighthouse.
How it works
How it works
- The pass is valid for 7 consecutive days from your selected start date
- It includes entry to all of our open properties
- The pass is available to purchase online
- Book your visit online in advance
- Visit all our sites with one pass
- Guaranteed entry when you pre-book
- 20% discount on audio guides at Edinburgh and Stirling Castles and Glasgow Cathedral
- Pre-book your visits
Visit more, save more!
|Concession||Aged 65yrs+, full-time students (with valid ID) and unemployed (proof of Universal Credit or other qualifying benefit required)||£35.00|
|Child||Aged 7-15yrs. Under 7s free. Children must be accompanied by an adult||£26.00|
|Family||2 adults and up to 3 children (7-15yrs)||£88.00|
Now all there’s left to do is enjoy exploringBuy your Explorer Pass
Free entry to all Historic Scotland sites that are open
Great Value for money
Includes entry to Edinburgh, Stirling and Urquhart Castles plus many more sites
Discounted audio guide
20% discount on audio tours at Edinburgh and Stirling Castles and Glasgow Cathedral
Just pre-book your ticket with your explorer pass online before you visit