Explore a rediscovered treasure. Great shipyards for a long time eclipsed this castle and its stunning Renaissance details. Contrast its beauty with the notoriety of its most famous noble resident.
What to see and do
- Spot the exquisite Jacobean details on the exterior that make Newark one of the finest buildings of its time
- Go ‘below stairs’ for a wonderful glimpse into the working lives of the castle’s servants
- Peek inside the little bedchamber to see the charming, late 16th-century bed-press, wall panelling and painted ceiling
- Soak up stunning views over the Firth of Clyde from the castle
- Take our fun fact-finding quiz while exploring the castle.