Prices and times
Tickets often sell out far in advance, especially over the summer months. Book your tickets online in advance for the best price and to guarantee entry. Once tickets are sold out online, there will be no further tickets available at the castle.
If you are a Member your ticket will be free, but to guarantee entry please book in advance. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Child (7-15yrs, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Concession price: you must show proof you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. This does not apply to students.
Free and discounted admission
For all our free and discounted admission, book online to guarantee entry.
- Free entry to our sites for Historic Scotland members. You must show your valid membership on arrival
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- Half price entry in your first year for English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members and free entry for renewal and life members
- Free entry for carers who accompany visitors with disabilities. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction
- £1 entry with valid Young Scot Card shown on arrival
- Free entry for current members of the British Armed Forces. Book online using the HM Forces ticket type. You will need to show a valid MOD 90 card on arrival. Free entry only applies to the serving member
Set aside at least 2 hours to see the main attractions at Edinburgh Castle.
|Daily, 29 March to 30 September
|Daily, 1 October to 28 March
Opening times for the independent museums at the castle may vary.
25 and 26 December
The Crown Room will be closed from 13 to 15 March for essential maintenance. Admission prices will be reduced on these dates.
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.