Prices and opening times
Following the Scottish Governments announcement, the castle will reopen on Friday 30 April (tickets available soon). Find out more about our COVID response.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free, but they must have a ticket booked for them.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online in advance and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- Historic Scotland Members retail and café discount is not eligible at Dundonald Castle.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. The ticket for the person they are caring for must be purchased online, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and your carer ticket can be sent to you.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult). Tickets will be available soon.
Advance booking required
The visitor centre will reopen on Monday 26 April (details tbc)
The castle will reopen on Friday 30 April (details tbc)
For enquiries please visit www.dundonaldcastle.org.uk or call 01563 851 489
Café opening times
Friday to Monday, 12 noon - 3pm
24 to 31 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.