Special arrangements are currently in place at Dunblane Cathedral, to comply with Scottish Government guidance during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Our staff have been trained in hygiene and social distancing and have been provided with the necessary PPE
- Signage is on site to guide visitors, including one way systems and marked areas that are currently closed to visitors
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, including our toilet facilities, to make visitors feel comfortable while visiting
- In line with Scottish Government legislation and guidance, face coverings are mandatory if you are visiting any indoor/enclosed spaces at our sites including retail and catering areas (subject to some exceptions)
What will be open during your visit
- One way system round the main ground floor areas
- All external areas will be open via paths
- Chapter house (capacity restricted)
What will remain closed/unavailable during your visit
- Clement Chapel
- West Window Gallery
- Bell Tower
There is some on street parking, including an accessible space, approximately 50m from the cathedral entrance on Kirk Street. There is also a public car park, including two accessible spaces, behind the cathedral approximately 100m away.
Approach to site
Visitors reach the entrance along a 50m level tarmac path from the street.
The south door is accessed by a ramp. The door will be kept open to allow maximum ventilation and minimise touch points.
Assistance dogs are permitted at all our sites and within roofed areas. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and not left unattended at any time. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
Visitors' dogs are not permitted at the cathedral.
Visiting the site
Visitors will be asked to follow a one-way route through the cathedral. Please follow the signage. Access to some spaces may be limited.
Please use the available hand sanitiser on entering the cathedral. In line with Scottish Government guidance, face coverings should be worn inside the building. Let staff know if you are exempt.
The nave, choir and chapter house are on the level on stone or tile floors.
Many of the pews will be closed off, but areas of seating will be available in pews in the north and south aisles.
The cathedral is surrounded by a graveyard. This has tarmac paths, but is mostly grassed.
No public toilets are currently open in Dunblane.