Plan your visit
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe.
Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
If you are a Member your ticket will be free, but to guarantee entry please book in advance. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Historic Scotland Member Tickets
English Heritage, Cadw & Manx Member Tickets
What will be open during your visit
- Car Park – booking required (sorry no parking for trailers, caravans or mobile homes)
- All external spaces with visitor access
- Queen Anne Gardens
- Great Hall
- Great Kitchens
- Chapel Royal
- Royal Palace and Stirling Heads Gallery
- The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Regimental Museum
- The Tapestry Studio
- The Castle Exhibition
- The Unicorn Café (nearest toilets at main entrance to the castle). View our menu
- Palace shop
- Courtyard Gift Shop
- Tour the castle with our audio guide using your own mobile phone with internet access. Buy your audio guide when you purchase your tickets, free for Historic Scotland members. We'll show you how to load it to your phone in an email before you arrive
Please note that the capacity in all internal spaces will be limited and staff will be present to advise on maximum numbers.
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now. We have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
What to expect from your visit
- Signage is on site to guide visitors, including one way systems and marked areas that are currently closed to visitors
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, including our toilet facilities, to make visitors feel comfortable while visiting
- In line with Scottish Government legislation and guidance, face coverings are mandatory if you are visiting any indoor/enclosed spaces at our sites including retail and catering areas (subject to some exceptions)
- Masks will not be provided, so make sure you bring one with you
- Face shields (e.g. visors) no longer count as face coverings on their own. They can only be worn in conjunction with other face covering
- Face coverings are not required while visiting external areas of the sites
- If you feel wearing a face covering at all times during your visit (including in external areas) will make you more comfortable, then please wear one, as we want you to enjoy your visit as much as possible
Didn't find everything you need?
Read our FAQs