Plan your visit
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe.
Booking in advance is recommended to guarantee entry.
Historic Scotland Member Tickets
English Heritage, Cadw & Manx Member Tickets
What will be open during your visit
- One way system round the main ground floor areas
- All external areas will be open via paths (sections of the burial grounds currently closed off)
- Chapter House
- Clement Chapel
Some areas/facilities remain closed for now
What to expect from your visit
- Signage is on site to guide visitors, including one way systems and marked areas that are currently closed to visitors
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures to make visitors feel comfortable while visiting
- In line with Scottish Government legislation and guidance, face coverings are mandatory if you are visiting any indoor/enclosed spaces at our sites including retail and catering areas (subject to some exceptions).
- Masks will not be provided, so make sure you bring one with you
- Face shields (e.g. visors) no longer count as face coverings on their own. They can only be worn in conjunction with other face covering
- Face coverings are not required while visiting external areas of the sites
- If you feel wearing a face covering at all times during your visit (including in external areas) will make you more comfortable, then please wear one, as we want you to enjoy your visit as much as possible
Didn't find everything you need?
Read our FAQs