Prices and opening times
Some restrictions accessing the stone store remain in place. Find out more about our conservation work
If you are a Member your ticket will be free. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefitsBook tickets now
We've reduced the admission price while some access restrictions are in place.
|Category||Reduced admission price||Full admission price|
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)||£3.00||£6.00|
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)||£7.50||£15.00|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£11.00||£21.50|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£13.00||£25.50|
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 5pm
1 October to 31 March
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.