Prices and opening times
The gardens have now re-opened and we are delighted to welcome you back. The castle remains closed.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free, but they must have a ticket booked for them.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Both the tickets for the cared-for person and carer must be booked online, and are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
What will be open during your visit
Due to social distancing and the overall safety of our visitors and staff, some areas of the castle will remain closed.
- Gazebo, including exhibition
- Gift Shop
The castle remains closed for now.
Advance booking required
1 April to 31 March:
Saturday to Monday, 10am to 4pm
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.