Prices and opening times
If you are a Member your ticket will be free. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Standard Admission, Member & Explorer Pass Tickets
Partner Organisation Tickets
Partner organisations include, English Heritage, Cadw and Manx Members, Young Scot, STGA and SITOA card holders.
Save with an Explorer Pass
An Explorer Pass (valid for 7 consecutive days) is a great way to explore our iconic sites.
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx, and Cadw members get half-price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Enjoy 25% off entry when you arrive car-free by train, bus, or bike. 25% off the standard Adult, Child, or Concession admission price when you book online with code GOOD25 and show your bus/train ticket or bike on arrival.
1 April to 30 September
Daily, 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 4.30pm
1 October to 31 March
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.