Prices and opening times
Following the Scottish Governments announcement, the cathedral will reopen on Friday 30 April (tickets on sale now). Find out more about our COVID response.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Due to social distancing and the overall safety of our visitors and staff, some areas of the cathedral will be closed and we have reduced the admission price to reflect this.
Book tickets now
||Reduced admission price
||Normal admission price
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free, but they must have a ticket booked for them.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. The ticket for the person they are caring for must be purchased online, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and your carer ticket can be sent to you.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult). Tickets will be available soon.
What will be open during your visit
- Cathedral ruins
- Museum (within the visitor centre)
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
Advance booking required
30 April to 30 September:
Wednesday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
Last entry time slot 2pm
The cathedral grounds will be open Sun to Tues.
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Monument may close for lunch.
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.