Prices and opening times
The ruins of the cathedral are open but there are fences surrounding the walls of the Cathedral, and a section of the graveyard and a number of unstable gravestones are also fenced off for safety until they can be stabilised.
If you are a Member your ticket will be free. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the cathedral. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5.30pm (Museum open at 10am)
Last entry 4.45pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3.30pm
Museum and St Rule's Tower closures
- Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 September
- Thursday 14 and Friday 15 September
- Saturday 16 September
- Wednesday 20 to Friday 22 September
- Tuesday 26 to Wednesday 30 September
On days where the museum and tower are closed, entry to the grounds is free of charge.
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.