Anyone can propose a battlefield for inclusion in the Inventory of Historic Battlefields.
Proposals must be made using our proposal form.
Please read our guidance notes on completing the application form [PDF, 120KB]
Download the application form [PDF, 141KB]
Send your completed form by post or email to:
Historic Environment Scotland
What information to include
The more detail you give at this stage, the quicker we can assess your proposal.
You should include with your application:
- details of the site’s location
- recent dated and captioned photographs and maps of the site, if available
- detailed supporting information and evidence to show why the site should be assessed for inclusion in the Inventory
Let us know on the form if there are reasons why we should prioritise your proposal.
Include details of any development proposals or known risk to the site.We are unlikely to process:
- incomplete forms
- requests not made on our application form
- requests that don’t include current photos