The Inventory maps show a range of information about the battlefield, where known.
The maps indicate:
- the boundary of the Inventory area
- the main areas of deployment and combat
- areas of additional skirmishing
- routes of movement to, from and around the battlefield
- the location of camps key strategic and vantage points
- landscape features which played an important or decisive role in the battle
- areas of known or potential archaeological remains
Find out more about how research into battlefield sites helps to define the boundary.
Get in touch if you’d like us to post you a copy of the Inventory report and map for a particular battlefield.
Scheduling, Marine and Battlefields Team
Historic Environment Scotland
Telephone: 0131 668 8766