Prices and opening times
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
We will be updating our social media channels as more dates are available to pre-book, but to be among the first to hear sign up to our newsletter.
Due to physical distancing and the overall safety of our visitors and staff, some areas of the castle will be closed and we have reduced the admission price to reflect this.
Book tickets now
||Reduced admission price
||Normal admission price
|Concession (60yrs+ and unemployed)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 60+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. The ticket for the person they are caring for must be purchased online, then please contact email@example.com with your order number and your carer ticket can be sent to you.
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Stirling Castle. Please make an online booking for the paying members of your party. To book a free ticket, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your order number. You will need to bring a valid MOD 90 card when you arrive at site. Please note free entry only applies to the serving member.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2020. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival. Please visit the Young Scot website for more details.
What will be open during your visit
- Car Park – booking required
- All external spaces with visitor access
- Queen Anne Gardens
- Great Hall
- Chapel Royal
- Royal Palace and Stirling Heads Gallery: Your visit will be led by a member of the castle team
- The Tapestry Studio
- The Castle Exhibition
- The Unicorn Café (toilets closed). View our menu
- Ice cream van on the esplanade
- Palace Shop
- Courtyard Gift Shop
Please note that the capacity in all internal spaces will be limited and staff will be present to advise on maximum numbers.
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
1 August to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 6pm
Last entry 5.15pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 9.30am to 5pm
Last entry 4.15pm
Advance booking required.
New Year’s Day (1 January): 11am to 5pm
The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Museum is currently closed. More details about their heritage Lottery Funded project can be found on their website.
Unicorn Café opening hours
Daily, 11am to 5pm
Daily, 11am to 4pm
Daily, 10am to 4pm
View our menu
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.