Prices and opening times
Following the Scottish Governments announcement, the castle will reopen on Friday 30 April (tickets on sale now). Find out more about our COVID response.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Due to physical distancing and the overall safety of our visitors and staff, some areas of the castle will be closed and we have reduced the admission price to reflect this.
Book tickets now
||Reduced admission price
||Normal admission price
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free, but they must have a ticket booked for them.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. The ticket for the person they are caring for must be purchased online, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and your carer ticket can be sent to you.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult). Tickets will be available soon.
What will be open during your visit
- Car Park – booking required
- All external spaces with visitor access
- Queen Anne Gardens
- Great Hall
- Chapel Royal
- Royal Palace and Stirling Heads Gallery: Your visit will be led by a member of the castle team
- The Tapestry Studio
- The Castle Exhibition
- Audio guides (pre-booking only)
- The Unicorn Café (toilets closed). View our menu
- Palace Shop
- Courtyard Gift Shop
Please note that the capacity in all internal spaces will be limited and staff will be present to advise on maximum numbers.
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
Advance booking required
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Museum is currently closed. More details about their heritage Lottery Funded project can be found on their website.
Unicorn Café opening hours
30 April to 31 March:
10am to 3pm (takeaway only between 10am and 11am)
View our menu
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.