Prices and opening times
We recommend booking online in advance for the best price and to guarantee entry.
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Stirling Castle (as well as Edinburgh Castle and Fort George). Please make an online booking using HM Forces from the list of ticket types. You will need to bring a valid MOD 90 card when you arrive at site. Please note free entry only applies to the serving member.
|1 April to 30 September
|1 October to 31 March
Closing times for independent museums vary. The Regimental Museum closes 45 minutes before the castle.
Unicorn Café opening times
1 April to 31 March:
9.30am to 5.30pm (takeaway only between 10am and 11am)
View our menu
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.