We're delighted to welcome you back to the HES Archive and Library from Tuesday 22 September.
We will be providing a limited service for visitors who need access to original material for their research. To help keep everyone safe, we have introduced some changes, including:
- our reduced opening hours are 11am until 3pm, Tuesday to Friday
- visitors must pre-book their visit five working days in advance
- all the material you want to research, including books and photographs, must be requested in advance so that we can ensure appropriate quarantining
Pre-booking via firstname.lastname@example.org is essential. Please do not travel if you have not made an appointment.
HES Archives Coronavirus Visitor Charter
Before your visit, please read and agree to our Coronavirus Visitor Charter to do your bit to help us ensure everyone’s safety.
As a visitor to HES Search Room, we ask you to:
- pre-book your visit at least five working days in advance
- only travel to John Sinclair House after receiving confirmation of your booking
- request the material you want to consult in advance, including any material normally on open access, such as books
- delay your visit if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms
- respect the Government guidance on physical distancing and hygiene, including wearing a face covering unless you have a legitimate reason not to do so
- observe the safety measures that we have put in place
- be patient and polite with our staff while you visit, and understand our services are limited at this time
- notify us in advance, where possible, if you are delayed or unable to visit
Find out more about what to expect on your visit.
Still have questions?
Read our FAQs