Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims at this ruined 1200s chapel.
St Ninian’s Chapel was first erected in the 1100s for the benefit of both local worshippers and pilgrims to St Ninian’s Shrine at Whithorn. The chapel we see today is a rebuild dating to about 1300.
It was one of several stopping-places for the pilgrims, including Chapel Finian and the Laggangarn Standing Stones. Today, pilgrims are invited to add stones to a modern Witness Cairn on the field.