Enter one of the finest medieval collegiate churches in Scotland. Local landowner Lord Seton brought together the community of priests in the late 1400s to pray for his family’s salvation.
What to see and do
- Walk among the trees that surround the church and enjoy the peaceful, pretty setting
- See the fine stonework – particularly the sedilia (priests’ seats) and piscina (basin for rinsing the sacred vessels)
- Visit the priests’ domestic quarters, a rare survival, to see how the six religious men lived
- Gaze up at the attractive vaulted chancel and apse dating from the 15th century
- Take our fun fact-finding quiz while exploring the church or why not try our scavenger hunt challenge.