Prices and opening times
Please note that all group visits arriving via coach should contact our ticketing team (email@example.com) prior to booking. Coaches must be booked in advance through a third party to secure parking on site.
Standard Admission, Member & Explorer Pass Tickets
Partner Organisation Tickets
Partner organisations include, English Heritage, Cadw and Manx Members, Young Scot, STGA and SITOA card holders.
Save with an Explorer Pass
An Explorer Pass (valid for 7 consecutive days) is a great way to explore our iconic sites.
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 5pm
Closed for lunch 12 noon to 1pm.
1 Oct to 31 Mar:
Daily except Sunday and Monday, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3.30pm
Closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
25 December to 5 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.