Prices and opening times
We recommend booking online in advance to guarantee entry.
Please note that all group visits arriving via coach should contact our ticketing team (email@example.com) prior to booking. Coaches must be booked in advance through a third party to secure parking on site.Admission Tickets Save with an Explorer Pass HS Member and Explorer Pass Tickets English Heritage, Cadw & Manx Member Tickets Young Scot Tickets (pay only £1)
Admission prices up to and including 31 March 2023
|Ticket type||Admission price|
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)||£5.50|
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)||£14.00|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£20.00|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£24.00|
Admission prices from 1 April 2023
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)||£6.00|
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)||£15.00|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£21.50|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£25.50|
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 5pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily except Sunday and Monday, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3pm
Closed for lunch 12 noon to 1pm.
25 December to 6 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.