Prices and opening times
We recommend booking online in advance to guarantee entry.
Please note that all group visits arriving via coach should contact our ticketing team (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to booking. Coaches must be booked in advance through a third party to secure parking on site.
Historic Scotland Member Tickets
English Heritage, Cadw & Manx Member Tickets
Young Scot Tickets (pay only £1)
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 5pm
Closed for lunch 12 noon to 12.30pm.
1 October to 31 March