Prices and opening times
Admission to Holyrood Park is free.
Open 24 hours a day, all year round
Holyrood Lodge Information Centre (free exhibition):
Monday to Sunday, 9.30am to 3pm
Sunday road closures
All roads in the park (except the High Road and to access car parks) are closed every Sunday, from:
- 8.30am, re-open for 6pm in summer (late March/early April until late October)
- 8.30am, re-open for 4pm in winter (late October until late March/early April)
The High Road is also closed every night in winter from 3.30pm and will re-open each morning, if it safe do so, at 8.30am.
Download Holyrood Park Traffic Regulation FAQs [PDF, 32KB]
External event closures
From time to time park roads are closed due to external events.
- Sunday 5 November - the High Road will be closed and there will be restrictions on some roads surrounding the Park. Broadpavement car park and Dunsapie car park will both be closed.
- Saturday 11 November - Queen's Drive and the High Road will be closed for a charity run. Broadpavement car park and Dunsapie car park will both be closed.
- Sunday 3 December - the High Road will be closed and there will be no access to Dunsapie Loch.
Download external event road closure information [PDF, 143KB]
Unexpected road closures
For closure updates please follow us on Twitter (#hsclosure) or visit our closure page.
Park roads may open or close for longer or at other times.
This may happen because of:
- ice and snow
- rock fall
- a large public event
- an accident
- maintenance work
We publicise details of additional or extended road closures on radio, Twitter and traffic news services. Yellow signs may also be used in the park to give advance warning of changes.
A diversion is currently in place around the St Anthony’s Chapel area because of poor ground conditions.
Download Holyrood Park – Detailed road and footpath names [PDF, 1.6MB]