Prices and opening times
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Please note The Highlanders’ Museum at Fort George has limited access at the moment due to essential maintenance work, but the rest of the site is open as usual.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Fort George (as well as Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle). Please make an online booking using HM Forces from the list of ticket types. You will need to bring a valid MOD 90 card when you arrive at site. Please note free entry only applies to the serving member.
- Enjoy 25% off entry when you arrive car-free by train, bus, or bike. 25% off the standard Adult, Child, or Concession admission price when you book online with code GOOD25 and show your bus/train ticket or bike on arrival.
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 4.30pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3pm
Café opening times
Open Wednesday to Sunday, 9.30am to 5.30pm
View our sample menu (subject to change)[PDF, 66KB]
Find out more about the local products we use [PDF, 145KB]
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.