Prices and opening times
Fort George is now open and we are delighted to welcome you back.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Book tickets now
From 26 June to 17 August, tickets to our sites are free for all children under 16 as part of the Get Into Summer campaign. Please note that all children must be accompanied by an adult.
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Both the tickets for the cared-for person and carer must be booked online, and are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the fort in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Fort George (as well as Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle). Please make an online booking using HM Forces from the list of ticket types. You will need to bring a valid MOD 90 card when you arrive at site. Please note free entry only applies to the serving member.
What will be open during your visit
- Fort site and ramparts
- Visitor centre
- Grand Magazine
- Historic Barracks
- Points Battery Magazine
- Highlanders’ Museum
- Gift shop
- Audio guide - please note your own mobile device is needed to load the guide onto your phone via a web browser
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
Advance booking required
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 10am to 4.30pm
Last entry 3.45pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3.15pm
Café opening times
Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am to 3pm
We’re a ‘Taste our Best’ café, the dishes on our menu are prepared with locally sourced produce, look out for them on our menu.
View our menu
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.