Prices and opening times
This site is open for you to enjoy but there are currently some access restrictions in place as a precautionary measure. Find out more about conservation work at our sites.
We recommend booking online in advance to guarantee entry.
If you are a Member your ticket will be free, but to guarantee entry please book in advance. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30 to 5.30pm
Last entry is 5pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3.30pm
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.