Prices and opening times
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
If you are a Member your ticket will be free, but you must book in advance.
Member of English Heritage/Cadw/Manx: half price or free entry, but booking is required.
Car parking must also be booked online in advance.
We are releasing admission tickets in fortnightly rotations. We will be updating our social media channels and website when more dates are released, but to be among the first to hear sign up to our newsletter.
|Concession (60yrs+ and unemployed)
Please note that ticket prices have been reduced to reflect what will be open to you.
Book tickets now
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 60+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
Areas/facilities that will be open during your visit:
- Car Park – booking required
- Most external spaces with visitor access
- Partial access to Grant Tower
- Temporary ticket kiosk and scanning station in place adjacent (with socially distanced queuing and flow)
- Protected access to castle site by-passing visitor centre
- Visitor Centre main level (accessed only from the terrace) including shop and existing toilets (both with staff-controlled access)
- Lochview Café open for takeaway only with reduced menu
- Picnic tables and benches are located in the castle grounds
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
Young Scot Cardholder Offer
Young Scot cardholders can receive £1 entry on general admission tickets during 2020. Tickets need to be booked online in advance. Production of a valid Young Scot is required on arrival and applies to the cardholder only. For full terms and conditions, and to see where else Young Scot £1 entry applies, please visit the Young Scot website for more details.
1 August to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 6pm
Daily, 9.30am to 5pm
1 November to 31 March:
Daily, 9.30am to 4.30pm
New Year’s Day (1 January): 11am to 4.30pm
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.