Prices and opening times
The castle is now open and we are delighted to welcome you back.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Book tickets now
From 26 June to 17 August, tickets to our sites are free for all children under 16 as part of the Get Into Summer campaign.
Due to social distancing and the overall safety of our visitors and staff, some areas of the castle will be closed and we have reduced the admission price to reflect this.
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. The ticket for the person they are caring for must be purchased online, then please contact email@example.com with your order number and your carer ticket can be sent to you.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
What will be open during your visit
- Car Park – booking required
- Most external spaces with visitor access
- Partial access to Grant Tower
- Temporary ticket kiosk and scanning station in place adjacent (with socially distanced queuing and flow)
- Protected access to castle site by-passing visitor centre
- Visitor Centre main level (accessed only from the terrace) including shop and existing toilets (both with staff-controlled access)
- Lochview Café (view the menu)
- Picnic tables and benches are located in the castle grounds
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
Advance booking required
1 April to 31 October:
Daily, 9.30am to 6pm
November to March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Lochview Café opening times
30 April to 31 October:
10am to 3pm (takeaway only between 10am and 11am)
View our menu
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.