Prices and opening times
Please note, the visitor centre will be closed on Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 November. There will be no access to the shop, café or exhibition. The castle is open and toilet facilities will be available, including an accessible toilet.
We recommend booking online in advance for the best price and to guarantee entry.
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
|April, May and September
||Daily, 9.30am to 6pm (last entry 5.15pm)
|June to August
||Daily, 9.30am to 8pm (last entry 7.15pm)
||Daily, 9.30am to 5pm (last entry 4.15pm)
|November to March
||Daily, 9.30am to 4.30pm (last entry 3.45pm)
1 January - the castle opens at the later time of 11am.
Lochview Café opening times
1 June to 31 August:
Daily, 9.30am to 7.30pm
View our menu
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.