Prices and opening times
We recommend booking your tickets online in advance for the best price and to guarantee entry.
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
|April & September
||Daily, 9.30am to 6pm (last entry 5.15pm)
|May & June
||Sunday & Monday, 9.30am to 8pm (last entry 7.15pm), Tuesday to Saturday, 9.30am to 6pm (last entry 5.15pm)
|July & August
||Friday to Monday, 9.30am to 8pm (last entry 7.15pm), Tuesday to Thursday, 9.30am to 6pm (last entry 5.15pm)
||Daily, 9.30am to 5pm (last entry 4pm)
|November to March
||Daily, 9.30am to 4.30pm (last entry 3.30pm)
24 December - the castle closes at the earlier time of 4pm (last entry 3pm).
1 January - the castle opens at the later time of 11am.
Lochview Café opening times
April to September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5pm
Daily, 9.30am to 4.30pm
November to March:
Daily, 9.30am to 4pm
View our sample menu (subject to change) [PDF, 68.2KB]
Find out more about the local products we use [PDF, 145KB]
Our café is officially great for families! It has achieved the @kidsinmuseums #FamilyCafeStandard, developed with @benugo. This rates museum cafés on their facilities, website, choice, sustainability, cost & more. kidsinmuseums.org.uk
25 and 26 December
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.