See this water-powered mill spring to life in the summer months. The 18th-century mill is much more than a time capsule of the miller’s craft: it is still put to work to show how oatmeal is made.
What to see and do
- Join a guided tour to find out how the mill worked and hear the stories of some of its millers
- Admire the mill’s completeness – buildings and machinery are just as the last miller left them more than 65 years ago
- Take in the sights and sounds of an age gone by when the waterwheel is turning and operating the machinery
- Look for ducks on the millpond by the neat, whitewashed mill in the pretty village of New Abbey
- Take our fun fact-finding quiz while exploring the mill.