Prices and opening times
The grounds, visitor centre, shop and toilets are open.
Due to access restrictions in place as a precautionary measure while we undertake high level masonry inspections, there is currently no visitor access to the abbey church. Find out more about our conservation work.
AdmissionBook tickets now
Prices have been reduced due to areas being closed for conservation works.
|Category||Reduced admission price||Full admission price|
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)||£3.00||£6.00|
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)||£7.50||£15.00|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£11.00||£21.50|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£13.00||£25.50|
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the abbey. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 5pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3.30pm
25 to 27 December
1 to 3 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.