Prices and opening times
The grounds and shop are now open. The rest of the abbey remains closed as a precautionary measure while we undertake high level masonry inspections. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Book tickets now
From 26 June to 17 August, tickets to our sites are free for all children under 16 as part of the Get Into Summer campaign. Please note that all children must be accompanied by an adult.
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
* Prices have been reduced due to areas being closed for conservation works.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Both the tickets for the cared-for person and carer must be booked online, and are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
Advance booking required
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 10am to 5pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily, 10am to 4pm
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.