Prices and opening times
The abbey is now open and we are delighted to welcome you back.
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you will not be able to visit without booking online in advance.
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
A ticket for the passenger ferry to the island must be bought separately.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free, but they must have a ticket booked for them.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members must book their tickets online and show their ticket and valid membership on entry. Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. You must book online in advance.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Both the tickets for the cared-for person and carer must be booked online, and are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the abbey in 2021. You must book your ticket in advance and show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult). Tickets will be available soon.
What will be open during your visit:
- The Abbey (with the exception of the upper level of the tower)
- Exhibition (limited to 3 people at one time)
- Unisex toilets
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
1 April to 31 October:
Thursday to Monday, 10am to 4pm
Access to parts of the island may be reduced during nesting season (March to July) when gulls may attack to protect their young.
1 November to 31 March
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.