Plan your visit
Please note there is currently no access to the top of the tower.
We recommend booking in advance to guarantee entry.
If you are a Member your ticket will be free, but to guarantee entry please book in advance. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Historic Scotland Member Tickets
English Heritage, Cadw & Manx Member Tickets
Young Scot Tickets (pay only £1)
What will be open during your visit
- All external spaces
- First floor can be viewed from the second, one-way system in place
- Car park available for those that have booked tickets
- Accessible toilet
Some areas/facilities remain closed for now
- In line with Scottish Government legislation and guidance, face coverings are mandatory if you are visiting any indoor/enclosed spaces at our sites including retail and catering areas (subject to some exceptions).
- Masks will not be provided, so make sure you bring one with you
- Face shields (e.g. visors) no longer count as face coverings on their own. They can only be worn in conjunction with other face covering
- Face coverings are not required while visiting external areas of the sites
- If you feel wearing a face covering at all times during your visit (including in external areas) will make you more comfortable, then please wear one, as we want you to enjoy your visit as much as possible
Didn't find everything you need?
Read our FAQs