Prices and opening times
Free entry, but donations are welcome.Book tickets now
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and they still require an admission ticket.
1 April to 30 September:
Daily except Sunday, 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 5pm
1 October to 31 March:
Daily except Sunday, 10am to 4pm
Last entry 3.30pm
Closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm (last entry before lunch 12 noon).
25 and 26 December
1 and 2 January
The cathedral may also close for private services and events. Please call the cathedral on 01786 823 388 in advance to check to avoid disappointment.
- Tuesday 16 May (9.30 to noon)
- Saturday 1 July (12 noon to 3pm, choir and chapterhouse closed 4pm to 5pm)
- Saturday 8 July (12.30 to 4pm)
- Thursday 13 July (12.30pm to 4pm)
- Saturday 22 July (12.30pm to 4pm)
- Saturday 5 August (4pm to 5.30pm)
- Saturday 19 August (12.30pm to 4pm)
- Saturday 4 November (12.30pm to 4pm)
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.
As a Scottish charity, it’s thanks to the generosity of people all over the world that we can go above and beyond to protect Scotland’s heritage.
With your support we can do even more to share all our stories and look after Scotland’s heritage now and in the years to come.Make a donation