Prices and opening times
If you are a Member your ticket will be free. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefitsBook tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)||£8.00|
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)||£20.00|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£29.00|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£34.00|
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Enjoy 25% off entry when you arrive car-free by train, bus, or bike. 25% off the standard Adult, Child, or Concession admission price when you book online with code GOOD25 and show your bus/train ticket or bike on arrival.
1 April to 30 September:
Thursday to Sunday, 9.30am to 5pm (last entry 4.15pm)
Closed for lunch 1pm to 2pm
Access is by guided tour only in the morning: 9.30am and 11.15am, then free flow access from 2pm
1 October to 31 March:
Friday to Sunday, 10.15am to 4pm (last entry 3.15pm)
Closed for lunch from 12.15pm to 1pm
Access is by guided tour only in the morning: 10.30am, then free flow access from 1pm
25 & 26 December
1 & 2 January
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.