Prices and opening times
All areas of this site will be open with the exception of the upper floor of Great Hall and Laird's' bedchamber (Earl's Palace) and the upper level of Moosie Tower (Bishop's Palace).
If you are a Member your ticket will be free. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
Book tickets now
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed. Please note this does not apply to students.
Admission prices are subject to change.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit this site. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
Explore more with Orkney Digital Guide
Discover nearly 5,000 years of Orkney’s history and prehistory, including Bishop's and Earl's Palaces, with our Orkney Digital Guide. Purchase as an Add-On when booking your ticket, or separately using the link below.
Buy Orkney Digital Guide
Please note that the upper level of Earl's Palace housing Guest floor and Guest bedchamber below are currently closed.
1 April to 30 September:
Daily, 9.30am to 5.30pm
Last entry 4.30pm
Closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
1 October to 31 March
Adverse weather or other reasons beyond our control may cause a site to close at short notice.
Before you travel, you can view current unexpected closures.