- propose a site or monument for scheduling
- request a review of an existing scheduling
- ask for a scheduling to be descheduled
Proposals must be made using our application form.
Please read our guidance notes on completing the application form [PDF, 120KB]
Download the application form [PDF, 141KB]
Send your completed form by post or email to:
Historic Environment Scotland
Telephone: 0131 668 8716
What information to include
The more detail you give at this stage, the quicker we can assess your proposal. We do not accept anonymous proposals.
You should include with your application:
- details of the site or monument's location and ownership
- supporting information about why the site or monument should be scheduled (or removed from the schedule)
Let us know on the form if there are reasons why we should prioritise your application. Include details of any development proposals or known risk to the site.
Your proposal will take longer to assess if it involves more than one monument. Complex sites can take considerably longer.
We are unlikely to process:
- incomplete forms
- requests not made on our application form
- requests that don’t include accurate location details
Please contact us in advance if you would like to make multiple applications.