- propose site for designation as a Historic Marine Protected Area (MPA)
- request a review of an existing Historic MPA
- request the removal of a Historic MPA
Historic MPAs were first used in 2013, so we will look at requests to amend or remove a site only if there is good reason to do so.
Such reasons might include:
Download the application form [PDF, 141KB]
- severe loss of the site since its designation
- significant evidence, not previously considered, relating to the identification of the site or its merit
Email your completed form to email@example.com.
What information to include
The more detail you give at this stage, the quicker we can assess your application. We do not accept anonymous applications.
You should include with your application (either on or with the form):
- details of the site’s location, including a map
- current photos of the site, if available
- supporting information about why the site should be considered for designation as a Historic MPA
Let us know on the form if there are reasons why we should prioritise your proposal. Include details of any known development proposals that might impact on the site.
We are unlikely to process:
- incomplete forms
- requests not made on our application form
You should contact us in advance if you plan to submit an application involving more than one site.