- propose a garden or designed landscape for inclusion in the Inventory
- request a review of an existing Inventory site
- ask for a site to be removed from the Inventory
Proposals must be made using our application form.
Please read our guidance notes on completing the application form [PDF, 120KB]
Download the application form [PDF, 141KB]
Send your completed form by post or email to:
Historic Environment Scotland
What information to include
The more detail you give at this stage, the quicker we can assess your application. We do not accept anonymous applications.
You should include with your application (either on or with the form):
- details of the site’s location and ownership
- current photos of the site
- supporting information about why the site should be included in the Inventory (or removed from it)
Let us know on the form if there are reasons why we should prioritise your proposal. Include details of any development proposals for the garden or designed landscape.
We are unlikely to process:
- incomplete forms
- requests not made on our application form
- requests that don’t include current photos