This grave marker fragment was found lying outside the museum building in 1889. The front shows a worn cross head with traces of a key-pattern visible. Carved onto the reverse is some sort of tool, and two animals confronting each other, with their foreleg in each other’s mouth. On display with other Pictish stones a Meigle Museum, Angus.

Details

Date Made
8th century-10th century
Dimensions
200 x 200mm
Property Information
Meigle
Object Number
MEIG008
Access Status
Display

Tags

Share