This stone would have been part of an upright cross slab found when the old Church was destroyed by a fire in 1869. The front shows part of a cross shaft decorated with spirals, plaitwork and interlace. The scene on the reverse is incomplete, but what survives shows two figures seated on chairs, and another on the ground. On display with other Pictish stones at Meigle Museum, Angus.

Details

Date Made
8th century-10th century
Dimensions
550 x 475mm
Property Information
Meigle
Object Number
MEIG027
Access Status
Display

Tags

Share