This grave marker is known to have been trimmed down at least twice during antiquity. Its original height is unknown, but it is estimated to have stood between 60 cm and 1 metre high. It was found built into the wall of the old church, probably during the rebuilding process after the fire of 1869.
As well as the cross design, the front of this stone shows part of what would have been a double disc, a common symbol found on Pictish stones. The reverse shows a man on horseback, possibly the deceased warrior. The carving on this side shows interesting details of a harness, striped saddlecloth, spear, and sword scabbard.
On display with other Pictish Stones at Meigle Museum, Angus.