This rectangular cross slab was probably the first sculptured stone at Meigle, Angus. When it was first recorded in 1865, it was standing close to one of the entrances to the graveyard and close to the prehistoric mound. Carved in relief, this monument celebrated the Pictish overlord's power over this region and confirmed his link with the new Christian faith. One face has a Christian cross surrounded by beasts; the other, Pictish symbols, horseman and unusual figures. On display at Meigle Museum.