Live /

Following the Scottish Government's announcement our sites in mainland Scotland are currently closed. Find out more about our COVID response

x

This disc-headed cross with stopped-plait interlace is typical of a style of carving that was emerging in the Whithorn area in the late 900s and 1000s. It was recorded to have come from Sorbie Churchyard, 4 miles north of Whithorn, Dumfries and Galloway. On display at Whithorn Priory Museum.

Details

Date Made
Mid 10th century-11th century
Dimensions
1630 x 680 x 90mm
Property Information
Whithorn Priory Museum
Object Number
WHP.EC.07
Access Status
Display

Tags

Share