Our Ranger Service is based at Holyrood Park, Linlithgow Peel and the Heart of Neolithic Orkney World Heritage Site, and works on sites across our estate. As well as patrol and survey sites and assist the emergency services, our rangers educate visitors of all ages about our sites.
Rangers give visitors the chance to learn about the many different aspects of the special places they protect. Guided walks, group tours and other events led by the Ranger Service cover history, wildlife, folklore and much more.
2 Ranger Service events
The Ranger Service runs a wide range of walks, talks and events throughout the year. Open to all ages, abilities and levels of knowledge, these events aim to raise awareness, understanding and enjoyment of our sites.
Search for Ranger Service events near you.
3 Holyrood Park Education Centre
The Ranger service is based at:
Holyrood Park Education Centre
1 Queen’s Drive
View Holyrood Park Education Centre on a Google map
Telephone: 0131 652 8150
4 Maps and guides to download
The Ranger Service offers detailed guides to the sites it protects.
Blackness Castle Map and Guide [PDF, 612KB]
Heart of Neolithic Orkney Map and Guide [PDF, 524KB]
Linlithgow Peel Map and Guide [PDF, 783KB]
- Holyrood Park Map and Guide [PDF, 361KB]
- Holyrood Park - Camping or overnight parking is not permitted [PDF, 514KB]. This guide includes suggestions for campsites nearby.
- Holyrood Park Points of Interest [PDF, 194KB]
- Holyrood Park Self Guided Walks [PDF, 627KB]
- Holyrood Park Fishing Guide [PDF, 528KB]
- Holyrood Park and Linlithgow Peel – Bird Feeding Guide [PDF, 412KB]
Please be aware permission to climb in Holyrood Park is suspended at this time.