Like all Scottish public authorities, we must produce and maintain a ‘publication scheme’ under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. This lists the types of information we routinely make available, how to access them and what it costs.
Historic Environment Scotland uses the Model Publication Scheme 2015 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. This is approved for use until 31 May 2019.
As part of this, we produce for members of the public a guide to information available through the scheme.
Download the Guide to Information Available through the Model Publication Scheme 2012 [PDF, 154KB]
- lets you see what information is (and is not available) in relation to each class
- states the charges that may apply for requesting information
- describes how to find the information easily
- gives details of who to contact for help accessing information
- explains how to request information that hasn’t been published
You can download much of the available information direct from this website in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). We regularly review and update the information in the guide.
Find out more about the Model Publication Scheme on the Commissioner’s website.
Historic Environment Scotland
Telephone: 0131 668 8713