The impressive and elegant Castle Campbell is located above the town of Dollar in Clackmannanshire.
The property was acquired by Colin Campbell, 1st Earl of Argyll, in 1465. It remained in the Campbell family until conflict in the 17th Century saw the 8th Earl of Argyll executed.
It subsequently changed hands a number of times, before being given to the National Trust for Scotland in 1948.
This easy-to-follow guide visits the lives of the Campbells and features excellent illustrations of the site.