Live /

Following the Scottish Government's announcement our sites in mainland Scotland are currently closed. Find out more about our COVID response

x

This large recumbent stone is decorated with a recessed lozenge design across the top. These may once have held richly coloured polished stones, producing an eye-catching mosaic. Cattle and deer are carved along the vertical side of the stone. On display with other Pictish stones at Meigle Museum, Angus.

Details

Date Made
8th century-10th century
Dimensions
1425 x 475 x 275mm
Property Information
Meigle
Object Number
MEIG012
Access Status
Display

Tags

Share