Opportunities available in Visitor Operations at Maeshowe, located within the Highlands/Islands Region of the HES estate.
The positions available sit within Visitor Operations, who are responsible for the operation of Maeshowe as a visitor attraction to the public.
A full Visitor Operations Job Description is available below but standard evening tour duties may include:
- Welcoming visitors and ensuring they have an enjoyable and informative visit
- Promoting retail and admissions products, in an aim to drive business and enhance the visitors’ experience
- Ensuring that the site maintains a high standard of presentation, through regular cleaning/adherence to Health & Safety procedures
- Provide visitors with information relating to the history of the site through guided tours
- To follow HES policy and procedure in relation to Health & Safety, Human Resources and Finance where applicable
Maeshowe is a key site on Orkney, forming part of the Heart of Neolithic Orkney World Heritage sites and recently has started a new operation out of the visitor centre in Stenness village. Visitor Operations staff must be dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, in accordance with the Visit Scotland Grading Scheme. However, this role also involves public speaking in front of small groups of visitors, and so applicants should be confident in delivering scripted guided tours.
HES are seeking individuals with a passion for customer care, with enthusiasm and a friendly attitude, who can be relied on to provide a fantastic onsite experience for our visitors. Sound like you?
Salary Band A
£16,800 - £17,914 pro rata
2 x Evening Tour Stewards – 15 hours per week - 1 June to 31 August 2018
2 x Evening Tour Stewards – 11.5 hours per week - 1 June to 31 August 2018
Equal Opportunities Form
Submitting an application:
If you wish to apply for any of the positions, please download the application form and email your completed form to email@example.com or send it to Historic Environment Scotland, 30-30a Croft an Righ, Edinburgh EH8 8ED.
Applications should be sent with an Equal Opportunities form which candidates can downloaded above.
There is no closing date set at present.