Opportunities available in Visitor Operations at Inchcolm Abbey, located within the Central Region of the HES estate.
The positions available sit within the Visitor Operations team, who are responsible for daily operation of Inchcolm Abbey as a visitor attraction to the public.
A full Visitor Operations Job Description is available below but standard Inchcolm Abbey duties may include:
- Welcoming HES visitors and assisting them to have an enjoyable and informative visit
- Promoting HES Retail products, in an aim to drive business and enhance the visitor’s experience
- Ensuring that the site maintains a high standard of presentation, through daily cleaning/adherence to Health & Safety procedures
- Provide visitors with information relating to the history of the site through creative conservation and where appropriate guided tours
- To assist with visits and events from school groups, community groups and external organisations
- To follow HES policy and procedure in relation to Health & Safety, Human Resources and Finance where applicable
- To assist the mooring of the public passenger boats that transport visitors to and from the island
Inchcolm Abbey is a vibrant and busy site attracting high visitor numbers, particularly during the summer months. Visitor Operations staff must be dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, in accordance with the Visit Scotland Grading Scheme.
Successful candidates may be required to live on the island in free accommodation shared with another member of staff who also lives on the island during the season. Full time positions operate a standard rota of 5 days each week (Thursday to Monday) with fixed rest days on Tuesday and Wednesday each week, when a boat is available to transport residential staff to/from the island. Please note on Tuesdays and Wednesday’s the successful candidate must have their own accommodation.
We are seeking individuals with a passion for customer care, enthusiasm and a friendly attitude, who can be relied on to provide a fantastic onsite experience for our visitors. Sound like you?
Salary Band A
£16,800 - £17,914 pro rata
Steward - 37 hours per week - Easter until 31 October 2018
2 x Stewards - 37 hours per week - Easter until 3o September 2018 / 32 hours per week 1 to 31 October 2018
2 x Stewards - 16.8 hours per week - Easter until 30 September 2018 / 14.8 hours per week 1 to 31 October 2018
Equal Opportunities Form
Submitting an application:
If you wish to apply for any of the positions, please download the application form and email your completed form to email@example.com or send it to Historic Environment Scotland, 30-30a Croft an Righ, Edinburgh EH8 8ED.
Applications should be sent with an Equal Opportunities form which candidates can downloaded above.
There is no closing date set at present.