An opportunity is available in Visitor Operations at Craignethan Castle, located within the South Region of the HES estate.
The position sits within the Visitor Operations team, who are responsible for daily operation of Craignethan Castle as a visitor attraction to the public.
A full Visitor Operations Job Description is available below but standard Craignethan Castle duties may include:
- Welcoming HES visitors and assisting them to have an enjoyable and informative visit
- Promoting HES Retail products, in an aim to drive business and enhance the visitor’s experience
- Ensuring that the site maintains a high standard of presentation, through daily cleaning/adherence to Health & Safety procedures
- Provide visitors with information relating to the history of the site through creative conservation and where appropriate guided tours
- To assist with visits and events from school groups, community groups and external organisations
- To follow HES policy and procedure in relation to Health & Safety, Human Resources and Finance where applicable
Craignethan Castle is a busy and vibrant site, attracting high visitor numbers, particularly during the summer months. Visitor Operations staff must be dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, in accordance with the Visit Scotland Grading Scheme.
We are seeking individuals with a passion for customer care, enthusiasm and a friendly attitude, who can be relied on to provide a fantastic onsite experience for our visitors. Sound like you?
Salary Band A
£16,800 - £17,914 pro rata
Steward – 23.7 hours per week - 18 June until 30 September 2018
Equal Opportunities Form
Submitting an application:
If you wish to apply for the position, please download the application form and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Historic Environment Scotland, 30-30a Croft an Righ, Edinburgh EH8 8ED.
Applications should be sent with an Equal Opportunities form which candidates can downloaded above.
There is no closing date set at present.